Most people have less than optimal digestive systems, leading to poor absorption of nutrients. The digestive system contains flora and enzymes that break down and absorb nutrients from food. Taking probiotics will ensure that the maximum nutrition is extracted from food and supplements and allows the digestive system to heal itself.
Probiotic means ‘for life’ in Greek. When taken in adequate amounts, these friendly micro-organisms form the core of nutritional supplements, as their use positively influences the whole body and your overall health.
OptiFlora contains probiotic species, Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus, Rooibos extract and fructo-oligosaccharides (prebiotic), for the good bacteria in the formula to feed off, promoting rapid multiplication of healthy flora and enzymes.
Optimum bowel health’s best friends are the Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus species (the most common and also most beneficial) of probiotics.
Probiotics are live microorganisms/bacteria that are similar to natural microorganisms found in your digestive tract. They are sometimes called “friendly bacteria” or “good bacteria”.
Supplementing these natural bacteria is often necessary when there is an imbalance in the digestive system’s natural bacteria and is especially important after you have taken antibiotics because it helps to offset some of the negative effects that a course of antibiotics has.
Broad-spectrum antibiotics kills both good and bad bacteria. Loosing friendly bacteria makes one more susceptible to diarrhoea and other gastrointestinal upsets. Probiotics stimulate the activity and growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive system and can help to suppress the growth of “bad bacteria”.
Probiotics in OptiFlora is the nucleus of your supplementation program, followed closely by three critical supplements that form the baseline nutrition of Forever Healthy to support, improve and maintain optimum health: a multivitamin (OptiVite), omega 3 essential oils (OptiMega) and necessary minerals calcium and magnesium (OptiCalMag).
Best time to take it is just before bedtime or after meals.
Common ailments improved
- Impact of food poisoning
- Food allergies
- Lactose intolerance – it helps to break down lactose from milk
- Infections like sore throat, candida and bladder infections
- Prolonged times of stress
- After surgery or a course of antibiotics
- Constipation or any bowel problem like: IBS, bloating, belching, indigestion, diarrhoea, cramps, thrush
Directions for use:
- Treatment dose: 3 capsules 3 times per day Take 2 hours after antibiotics
- Maintenance dose: 1-3 capsules a day
- Best taken with water
- 6 months-6 years: 1 capsule per day
- 7-14 years: 1-2 capsules per day
- 14+ years: adult dose is recommended
Key active ingredients:
- Lactobacillus Acidophylus
- Bifidobacterium Lactis
- Bifidobacterium Bifidum
- Oligofructose (fructo-oligosaccharides)
- Improves bowel function and digestion
- Promotes the absorption of nutrients
- Boosts your immune system by helping to control and destroy potentially disease causing organisms
- Our modern eating habits lead to a deficiency in good bacteria in the gut
- Essential for overall health and wellbeing