Skin care is an essential part of our daily routine, helping us maintain healthy and glowing skin. However, despite our best intentions, we often make common mistakes that can lead to skin issues. In this blog, we’ll explore ten of the most prevalent skin care mistakes and offer tips on how to avoid them for a radiant complexion.
- Skipping Sunscreen: One of the most critical skin care mistakes is neglecting sunscreen. UV rays can cause premature ageing, pigmentation and skin damage. Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 20, like the Essense Derma Protect SPF20, even on cloudy days.
- Over Cleansing: Excessively washing your face can strip your skin of its natural oils, leading to dryness and irritation. Limit face washing to once a day, at night and use a gentle Rooibos-based cleanser. All Annique Rooibos cleansers and facial soap bars contain Rooibos to soothe your skin.
- Not rinsing with Rooibos: Tap water contains chlorine and other chemicals that can dry out your skin and cause irritation. Rooibos contains powerful natural antioxidants that can benefit your skin. It helps to soothe sensitive skin and offers anti-ageing antioxidants that help neutralise the harmful effects of tap water.
- Not Knowing Your Skin Type: Using the wrong products for your skin type can worsen issues. Determine your skin type (dry, combination, normal, oily, problem, or sensitive) and choose products accordingly.
- Neglecting Moisturiser: Even if you have oily skin, moisturiser is essential. Skipping it can cause your skin to produce more oil to compensate, leading to even more oily skin and breakouts.
- Not using a Freshener as the last step in your routine: Freshener is a game-changer, especially for dry skin. Freshener can help balance the skin’s pH in order to support the skin’s health and it needs to be applied last in your skin care routine for optimal benefits.
- Popping Pimples: Squeezing pimples can lead to infection, scarring, and more breakouts. Instead, apply a spot treatment with herbal ingredients, like Face Facts Spotless.
- Ignoring the Neck and Chest: Your neck and chest are often overlooked in the skin care routine, yet van give away your age instantly. Extend your products to these areas to prevent signs of ageing and add a product specifically targeted at this area, like the Essense Firming Neck & Bust Cream
- Inconsistent Routine: Consistency is key in skin care. Stick to a routine and give products time to work.
- Not Drinking Enough Water: Hydrating from the inside is as crucial as external care. Drink plenty of water and Rooibos to keep your skin plump and healthy. Rooibos is caffeine free and contains health promoting antioxidants that helps combat stress, ageing, diabetes and indigestion.
Taking care of your skin is a long-term investment. By avoiding these common skin care mistakes, you can achieve a healthier, more radiant complexion. Even better, add Rooibos to your skin care routine and use Rooibos-based products to get the most out of your skin care regime.
For your best skincare routine click here